Saturday, August 21, 2010

Aloha!



This was a labor of love. I made it for a luau we had to celebrate my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. My favorite parts were the octopus and the surf boards with their names on them...well, I really like the starfish, too.
The bottom layer was butter rum with butter rum icing and filling. It's a favorite.
The middle layer was pina colada with buttercream icing and a pineapple cream cheese filling. It was so moist and flavorful.
The top was chocolate kahlua with chocolate buttercream icing and a chocolate kahlua mousse filling. Need I say more?
Let's just say it went over very well. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that my 10 year old daughter made her cake decorating debut by helping with the fondant decorations. She made the sea turtle that's in the ocean on the back. Atta girl!

2 comments:

Boy Crazy said...

EEEEee...hheeeheee!!! THat's so CUTE!!!!!

melyssa said...

Must have butter rum...Need now!!