Monday, March 14, 2011

Cupcakes...they grow on ya

I've never been much of a cupcake fan. I don't know why, but they just don't taste as good as a whole cake. Plus, it's just not as fun to take a fork to a cupcake.

Anyway, I've been teaching a cake decorating class in our homeschool co-op and we've been practicing on cupcakes. Cuz really, what parent wants to send a whole cake with their kid to co-op every other week? So, I've been working with the little mini cakes since September, and they're starting to grow on me. It must be because they're so darn cute, cuz I don't actually eat any of them.

My girlfriend and I decided to do cupcakes for her sister's baby shower. She decorated very simply but pretty, with flowers. These are some of the sweet little things we whipped up. Aren't they just so soft and delicate and pretty?

We made vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing. Chocolate cake with buttercream icing is one of my favs!

0 comments: